KIM OANH PHAM
Full name: Pham Thi Kim Oanh
Date of birth: 18 June 1980
Marital status: Married
Address: 53/14, No.1 Street, Ward 7, Go Vap Dist., Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Telephone: +84 989 390 618 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sept 2011 – Sept 2012 : Master of Laws (LLM) in International Business Law, University of Exeter, England with Distinction
- 2004 – 2009: Bachelor of Arts in English Linguistics and British Literature, Social Sciences and Humanity University of Ho Chi Minh City with Distinction
- 1998 – 2002: Bachelor of Arts in Law, Hanoi University of Law with High Distinction
- International Intellectual Property Law
- Contributed Essay: “Critically comment on the phenomenon of regime changing in the context of the International Intellectual Property System by analysing the drivers and drawbacks of such movements. Where will the centre of Intellectual property law making be looking ahead ten years?”
- Principles of International Trade
- Contributed Essay: “Regulations on Dumping Determination of the WTO and Challenges to Vietnamese Exporting Companies”
- Transnational Commercial Law
- Contributed Essay: “Two varieties of the same thing, performance bonds and letters of credit are actually very different, and ought to be so treated by the law?”
- Transnational Corporate Finance Law
- Contributed Essay: “Critically discuss the possible motivations of the companies choosing “Overseas listing” or “cross-listing””
- Transnational Corporate Governance
- Contributed Essay:
- “Executive remuneration: What is the ultimate way to change firm behavior to achieve the public interest ?”
- “Shareholders’ greater say in management: A future approach to improve Corporate Governance?”
- European Company Law
- Contributed Essay: “Types of Board Structure and Employee Participation in England, France and Germany”
- Dean’s Commendation for outstanding results of LLM Program in University of Exeter.
- The best Dissertation prize for the year 2011-2012
- Full scholarship from The Project No. 165, The Central Committee of Vietnam Communist Party and PetroVietnam for the LLM course (2011-2012)
- Dean’s Commendation for excellent results of LLB Program in Hanoi University of Law.
- Highest score in the entrance exam to Hanoi University of Law (‘Thủ Khoa’) (1998)
Having 11 years experienced in an oil & gas company (Petrovietnam Exploration Production Corporation Ltd., PVEP) on law-related matters. Main responsibilities are:
- Study foreign legislations (legal environment on investment) to constitute a recommendation or an advice for the management to make decisions on investment.
- Draft and negotiate Petroleum Contracts, Operating Agreements and other contracts and/or amendments supporting petroleum activities.
- Supervise and control the oil & gas projects in accordance with Petroleum Contracts, Operating Agreements, Vietnamese Laws and other relevant agreements.
- Participate in resolving disputes arising from operation activities.
- Draft and/or make comments on drafts of PVEP’s internal regulations to submit PVEP management for issuance.
- 2011 – 2012: Member of Unicef at University of Exeter, participating many activities to help poor people over the world (i.e., raising money for Pakistan and Thailand flood victims in Nov 2011)
- Jun 2012: Volunteer helper at Exeter Respect Festival – Exeter, England
- 2011 – 2012: Member of International Student Society, Gardening Society and Vietnamese Student Society at University of Exeter, participating cultural and social activities to bring Vietnamese culture to international students.